Tours of the Laurium Manor:
2021 Mansion Tours have been suspended for the rest of this year due to Covid-19. We hope to resume tours in 2022.
- Tours are admitted every day between 11:00am and 5:00pm from Memorial Weekend in May through the fourth weekend in October.
- During May, late October through April call ahead to schedule an appointment.
- 2019 is Laurium Manor’s 30th year of being open for tours. For the next year everyone that takes the tour and pays the full adult admission price will also be given a pearl bracelet. Pearls are the traditional 30 years anniversary gift. This is our gift to you and our thanks for helping us keep this majestic and historically important building open to the public.
You should allow 30 to 60 minutes to complete your tour of the mansion and grounds. An audio tour is available for the tour on the TAKE THE TOUR page. You must have a smartphone and earbuds or earphones to use the audio tour. A pamphlet telling the history of its owners and descriptions of all the rooms and interesting features is given to everyone touring the mansion.
Victorian Hall is not included in the tour and is not available to tour.
Some of the unique features of the Laurium Manor Inn include:
- It is IMMENSE -13,000 sq.ft. on four floors
- Each of the 4 floors is larger than most homes
- Silver leaf covered domed ceiling in the music parlor
- Gilded and embossed elephant leather wall coverings in the dining room
- Stained glass and gilded tile fireplaces in the dining room and den
- Grand triple stair case of hand carved oak
- 9’x14′ stained glass window on stairway landing
- Wall size built-in icebox made of marble, tile, and oak in the kitchen
- Panoramic hand painted landscape mural and gilded tile fireplace in the den
- 1300 square foot ballroom on the third floor
- Two room size cedar closets
- 10 Guest bedrooms (some over 500 sq.ft.)
- 100 foot long tile wraparound porch covering over 1200 sq.ft.
- 15 foot diameter turntable in the two story carriage house
$5 Students and Children.
Overnight registered guests of Laurium Manor Inn, Victorian Hall, Miner’s Cottage, Keweenaw House, and our Yellow House can tour both mansions at any time and at no charge.
STAY THE NIGHT
If you choose to stay overnight after the tour, the price of your admission will be deducted from the price of the room you choose. Rates start as low as $109/night and the full buffet breakfast is included.