Policies for Laurium Manor Inn, Victorian Hall B&B, #308 Yellow House, #243 Keweenaw House and #237 Miners Cottage Vacation Houses
Visa, MasterCard, and Discover: Your card will be charged for the entire balance of your stay within 24 hours from the time you make your reservation and upon acceptance of our 14 day Cancellation Policy.
Neither Laurium Manor Inn, nor its affiliated properties, is responsible for unused rooms due to late/ canceled airline flights, family emergencies, threat of bad weather, travel-related mishaps, or changes in plans which shorten your stay. Deposits will not be refunded because of situations or events that cause you to cancel or shorten your stay at any of our facilities. We recommend travel insurance for these types of circumstances. Vacation Insurance is available from several providers online to inexpensively protect you against covered unexpected events.
LAURIUM MANOR INN & VICTORIAN HALL: Cancellations for reservations paid by credit cards must be received no less than 14 days prior to the date of arrival for a full refund of the balance paid less a $10 processing fee.
VACATION RENTAL HOMES: Cancellations must be received no less than one month prior to the date of arrival for a full refund of the deposit less a $10 processing fee.
SPECIAL EVENTS: MTU Winter Carnival, Career Fair, MTU and FINNU Graduation deposits are non-refundable at all Laurium Manor Inn properties.
GROUP RESERVATIONS: For groups that rent all 9 rooms in Laurium Manor and/or all 7 rooms in Victorian Hall, cancellations must be received at least 1 month prior to the date of arrival for a full refund less a $10 processing fee.
CANCELLATIONS AFTER DEADLINE: Any cancellations made after the reservation’s cancellation deadline receive no refund. We are unlike large hotels that overbook their rooms. All of our rooms are unique in decor, amenities and price, therefore when you have reserved a specific room – we hold that specific room for you; this why we hold you responsible to honor our cancellation policy. If you cannot honor our policy, please contact us within 24 hours from the time that this letter was emailed to you to cancel this reservation. If you do not contact us to cancel your reservation, you have agreed to the terms of our cancellation policy.
Our front desk opens at 3 pm (EST) and is located at the Laurium Manor Inn. This is the primary check in location for all properties.
- CHECK IN TIME: Laurium Manor Inn and Victorian Hall: Between 3 pm – 11 pm (EST)
- Vacation Rental Homes: Between 4 pm – 11 pm (EST)
- EARLY or LATE CHECK-IN: Please contact us to make special arrangements
- CHECK OUT TIME: 11 am (EST) for all properties
- Candles are not allowed in any of the buildings.
- Pets are not allowed in any building.
- Smoking is not allowed in any building at Laurium Manor Inn. It is also against Michigan law to smoke inside a hotel. A cleaning charge of $200/night will be charged for smoking in any room.
- Quiet hours are between 10:30pm and 8:00am, for the courtesy of the other guests in the building and our neighbors.
- Room occupancy is limited to the maximum number of people listed for each room on our website. Children count as additional
guests regardless of age. We will not be able to accommodate extra guests in the room you have reserved if it exceeds the maximum
- In rooms that can accommodate more than 2 people, there is an additional charge of $12/person/night regardless of age.
- Well behaved children are welcome.
- To access any room in Laurium Manor or Victorian Hall, guest must be able to climb stairs. The first floor is 9 steps off the ground. All bedrooms except #11 are located on the 2nd or 3rd floor. Neither building has an elevator.
- Laurium Manor Inn: Rooms #1- #9 and #101 – Room # 1-6 and #101 on 2nd Floor; Room #7- 9 on 3rd Floor
- Victorian Hall B&B: Rooms #11- #20 – #11 on the 1st Floor; #12 – 16 & #20 on 2nd Floor; #17-18 on 3rd Floor
- Neither building has an elevator
- Vacation Houses do not have elevators.
Air conditioning is available in all Laurium Manor Inn rooms #1-10 and 101. Victorian Hall B&B rooms #12, 14 ,17, 18 & 20 have air conditioning. This has rarely been a problem due to our northerly location near Lake Superior and our 1200 foot elevation. However, if you must have air conditioning and don’t have one of these rooms reserved, we recommend that you find alternative lodging arrangements.