Miner's Cottage is a 1700 sq.ft. 2 story house located one block north of Laurium Manor Inn at 237 Tamarack St, Laurium, MI.
With 4 bedrooms that can sleep up to 8 people , 2 full bathrooms and a half bath, it is perfect for families or a small group.
Built in 1895 by Jules D. & Armeline M. Lamielle for his family of 9 children. In 1898 he sold it for $2900. In 1906 during the mining boom years the owners had as many as 6 unrelated boarders living in this house at one time.
2 story 1700 sq.ft. house on 50'x110' lot
Located 1 block north of Laurium Manor Inn
Maximum Occupancy - 8
- #1 bedroom: large room with 13' cathedral ceiling, king bed
- Master bath has 6' whirlpool tub with marble walls & shower
- #2 bedroom: small room with twin bunk bed
- #3 bedroom: small room with double bed
- #4 bedroom: room with 12' cathedral ceiling, queen bed
- All Bedrooms (except #2) have ceiling fans
- 2 full bathrooms on 2nd floor
- 2nd bath has a marble floors & shower
- Half bath on first floor
- Enclosed front porch with double hung windows & screens
- Enclosed side porch
- Open back porch with a ceiling fan
- Full Kitchen with maple cabinets & red marble counter top
- Dishwasher, refrigerator, electric stove, microwave, toaster, coffee maker, pots, pans, utensils
- Breakfast nook in kitchen
- Laundry room with washer & gas dryer off of kitchen
- Living room with gas log fireplace, Cable TV, & ceiling fan
- Parlor with TV & DVD & ceiling fan
- Dining room
- Back yard
- Gas grill
- Off street parking for two vehicles
- Free Laurium Manor tour included
- Free WiFi at Laurium Manor Inn
Seasonal Rates - 2015
Special Events may have higher priced rates
See ROOM AVAILABILITY page for room rates on a specific date
|Season||Dates||Weekly||Nightly - 3 night minimum|
Reservation & Cancellation Policies
A check or money order for the payment in full for the entire reserved time of stay is due 2 months prior to the date of arrival. If there is less than 2 months to the date of arrival we will hold your reservation for 7 days for you to get your deposit to us. Credit card are not accepted to hold rooms except when there is less than 7 days until the date of arrival. Confirmations will be sent after the deposit has been received.
- 3 night minimum stay required
- 2 night reservations are accepted if there is less than 2 weeks to the date of arrival or if there is a vacancy between two other reservations
- 1 night reservations are accepted if the house is available on the day before arrival or if there is a vacancy between two other reservations
- Rates do not include 9% tax
- No extra charges for more than 2 people
- Breakfast at Laurium Manor is not included and not available
- Daily housekeeping is not included
- No Pets allowed
- No Smoking inside house
- Two rolls of toilet paper and one soap is included in each bathroom. Guests are responsible for additional needs.
- Not available November - April
- Monthly Rates during May-October are equal to the rate for 3 weeks and the 9% tax is eliminated.
Cancellations must be received no less than one month prior to the date of arrival for a full refund of the deposit.
If a cancellation is made less than one month prior to the date of arrival the deposit is forfeited. If we are able to rent the house during the period that was cancelled, we will refund the deposit in the amount we were able to rerent it for.
During special events ( MTU Graduation ) deposits are non-refundable.