Originally a small 800 sq.ft. home built in 1898, this house was purchased by noted local architect Charles Maass in 1905 and extensively enlarged and remodeled for his home. We think he used this house as a showroom to attract commissions from the newly rich mine owners. He is the same architect that designed the Laurium Manor Inn and Victorian Hall.
- Maximum Occupancy - 6
- 2 story 2500 sq.ft. house on 50'x110' lot
- 3 large bedrooms
- 1 king bed and 2 queen beds
- 2 full bathrooms on 2nd floor
- 1 Half bath on 1st floor
- 6' Whirlpool tub & separate shower
- Dining room
- Full kitchen with pots, pans, utensils, microwave, toaster, coffee maker, electric cooktop on old woodstove and a separate electric oven
- Living room with fireplace (fireplace is not functional at this time)
- Parlor with cable TV
- Fireplace (not functional) in 1st floor entry room
- Large 8'x24' front porch
- 2nd floor 6'x18' screened sleeping porch with futon
- Washer & Dryer
- Small garage
- Gas Grill
- Built in 1898 with a 1905 major addition
- Original 1905 light fixtures
- Original oak woodwork
- Maple floors
Seasonal Rates - 2017
Special Events may have higher priced rates
See ROOM AVAILABILITY page for room rates on a specific date
|Season||Dates||Weekly||Nightly - 3 night minimum|
Reservation & Cancellation Policies
A check or money order for the payment in full for the entire reserved time of stay is due 2 months prior to the date of arrival. If there is less than 2 months to the date of arrival we will hold your reservation for 7 days for you to get your deposit to us. Credit card are not accepted to hold rooms except when there is less than 7 days until the date of arrival. Confirmations will be sent after the deposit has been received.
- 3 night minimum stay required
- 2 night reservations are accepted if there is less than 2 weeks to the date of arrival or if there is a vacancy between two other reservations
- 1 night reservations are accepted if the house is available on the day before arrival or if there is a vacancy between two other reservations
- Rates do not include 9% tax
- No extra charges for more than 2 people
- Breakfast at Laurium Manor is not included and not available
- Daily housekeeping is not included
- No Pets allowed
- No Smoking inside house
- Two rolls of toilet paper and one soap is included in each bathroom. Guests are responsible for additional needs.
- Not available November - April
- Monthly Rates during May-October are equal to the rate for 3 weeks and the 9% tax is eliminated.
Cancellations must be received no less than one month prior to the date of arrival for a full refund of the deposit.
If a cancellation is made less than one month prior to the date of arrival the deposit is forfeited. If we are able to rent the house during the period that was cancelled, we will refund the deposit in the amount we were able to rerent it for.
During special events ( MTU Graduation ) deposits are non-refundable.