We purchased the Campbell House at 320 Iroquois St, (2 blocks east of Laurium Manor) in September 2007.
It needs a lot of work and we've been working on it over the last few years to open it as a vacation rental home in 2016. It is a shake and clapboard sided home that will be painted in new colors. The 100'x110' lot is surrounded by large 100 year old maple and basswood trees that shade the property.
This house was built in 1902 by local architect Carl E. Nystrom for Gordon R. Campbell for $4500. Campbell was a noted attorney. He helped organize the Calumet & Arizona Mining Co. with Thomas Hoatson and served on its Board of Directors. In 1921 he became the company's president. He also built the large brick home across the street for his family and moved into that house in 1915.
- 3000 sq.ft. on 3 floors
- 4 bedrooms with 1 king & 3 queen beds
- 2 1/2 bathrooms
- 2 full bathrooms on 2nd floor
- Half bathroom on 1st floor
- Large 100x110 lot
- Large enclosed front porch
- Small 3rd floor balcony
- 9 original leaded and stained glass windows
- Cherry finished birch doors and trim
- Maple floors
- Living room with an ornate oak Victorian fireplace with gas logs
- Large dining room
- Full kitchen
- Ceiling fans in all bedrooms
- 3rd floor game room with ping pong table
- Washer & dryer
Reservation & Cancellation Policies
We will not be accepting reservations for this house at this time until it is ready for rental.
We will have more photos to show as the repairs progress.
- No extra charges for more than 2 people
- Breakfast at Laurium Manor is not included
- Daily housekeeping is not included
- No Pets allowed
- No Smoking inside house or porch
- Not available November - April
- Contact us for Monthly Rate